Internships in detail
As a STOR-i research intern at Lancaster University you can expect to be working with high calibre PhD students and academic staff on exciting and innovative research projects in the area of Statistics and Operational Research. In particular, you will work under the supervision of one of the STOR-i PhD students on a project strongly connected to their research work.
Throughout the internship you will also have the opportunity to meet various members of the Department of Mathematics and Statistics and the Management Science Department in both formal and informal settings.
As a STOR-i intern you will be joining other high-calibre undergraduate students studying in the vibrant research environment at Lancaster University and you will be supported by a bursary of £275 per week. Some of the key benefits of being a STOR-i intern include:
- Experience how mathematical ideas can be employed to solve important practical problems.
- Learn how to apply quantitative skills to important practical problems.
- Gain a valuable insight into what it would be like to do a PhD.
- Develop practical skills to enable you to excel in your studies and beyond.
Click here to see what previous interns thought of the experience.
* We regret that we will not be able to consider applications from overseas (non-EU) students.